Finland Times

Friday, 12 August, 2022
Home BUSINESSIKEA urges customers to check kids' lamps over strangulation concerns
Print
Sat, 03 May, 2014 02:54:54 AM
FTimes-Xinhua Report, May 3

Swedish furniture retailer IKEA announced recently that the company urged customers to check their children's lamps which could cause strangulation hazard for kids, local media reported on Thursday.

 In the latest company statement, IKEA "urges all customers who have a wall mounted children's lamp to check immediately that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children and securely fastened to the wall. Loose lamp cords can present a strangulation hazard to infants and young children."

"IKEA reannounces and expands recall of children's wall mounted lamps due to strangulation hazard," said the statement.

The company says it has received "a report of an incident where a 16 month old child in a crib died after becoming entangled in the cord of a SMILA wall lamp. At a separate occasion, a 15 month old child in a crib was involved in a near strangulation incident with a TASSA Natt wall lamp when it became entangled in a lamp's cord."

 "In both incidents, which occurred in Europe, the lamp's cord was pulled into the crib by the infant," according to the statement.

Customers are asked to contact customer service to receive a repair kit free of charge. The repair kit contains a warning label, safety instructions and self-adhesive fasteners for attaching the lamp cord to the wall.

The company apologized for the inconvenience caused by the product recall.

 
comments powered by Disqus
More News

 
   
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved
Developed By -