Finland Times

Sunday, 21 April, 2024
Home NATIONAL20 exposed to toxic gas at health centre
Print
« Previous News
Tue, 09 Feb, 2016 01:24:41 AM
FTimes- STT Report, Feb 9
 
Photo Lehtikuva.
About 20 persons were exposed to poisonous gas at the Tikkurila health centre on Monday.
 
The gas originated from wrongly mixed swimming pool chemicals after sulphuric acid was mistakenly poured to a container containing sodium hypochlorite and began to spread poisonous gas.
 
The fire brigade cleared the gas at the health centre which had around 200 people at the time. 
 
All the people who exhibited symptoms were taken to hospital. The symptoms were mainly mild and not life-threatening.
 
The health centre was expected to open again later the same evening after being secured gas-free by the fire brigade. The container which caused the gas discharge was transported to Ekokem for disposal.
 
« Previous News
comments powered by Disqus
More News

 
   
Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved
Developed By -