Finland Times

Thursday, 19 May, 2022
Home NATIONALFire ignited by bicycle battery burns down row house in Finland
Print
Wed, 27 May, 2015 12:00:19 AM
FTimes- Xinhua Report , May. 27
 
A fire caused by a short- circuited bicycle battery burned down a row house in southern Finland, the police said on Tuesday.
     
On Monday night, a fierce fire completely destroyed all five apartments of the rowhouse in Nurmijarvi, causing 27 people to evacuate the row house and a neighboring building.
     
No casualties were reported.
     
The fire started soon after a resident of the row house parked his electric bicycle in storage. The resident had left the bicycle without charging. The battery short-circuited, heated, and finally ignited in a fire which burned down the whole complex.
     
When a battery starts to short-circuit, it heats up quite a bit, explained Markku Lylykangas, head of investigation from Eastern Uusimaa Police Department. He said such an incident is quite rare in Finland.
 
comments powered by Disqus
More News

 
   
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved
Developed By -