Finland Times

Saturday, 19 June, 2021
Home NATIONALOulu axe killer was previously banned from Tiura bar
Print
Sat, 17 Jan, 2015 12:04:17 AM
FTimes – STT Report, Jan 17
 
The Tuira bar where two people were chopped to death killed on January 14. Photo – Str / Lehtikuva.
Reports have revealed that the Oulu axe killer was previously been banned from the bar in Tiura district of Oulu.
 
The man was prohibited from coming to the bar for his disruptive behaviour, said the National Bureau of Investigation.
 
“Despite this (prohibition), the man still went to the bar a couple of weeks ago and was sent off,” said lead investigator Ari-Pekka Kouva citing the incident as one probable motive for the acts.
 
According to the police, the suspect born in 1979 of a foreign origin came to the bar wielding an axe a moment before the killings.
 
He hacked the bar’s employee who was on the computer without warning. The 46-year-old bar worker died from the attacks.
 
A male customer who was in the bar during the attacks suffered minor injuries as he tried to stop the perpetrator.
 
The customer managed to protect himself with a chair from the axe attacks. The incident is being treated as an attempt to murder.
 
While leaving the bar, the suspect killed a 75-year-old customer outside the bar.
 
Afterwards, the suspect headed for his home in Myllyoja, where the police went later in the evening.
 
The suspect also attacked a police officer, landing the axe on the police helmet. The officer suffered minor injuries as well and the incident is also being investigated as attempted murder.
 
The suspect succumbed to his wound sustained during the police operation.
 
The police fired two shots that hit the suspect’s upper body. 
 
comments powered by Disqus
More News

 
   
Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved
Developed By -