Finland Times

Tuesday, 01 December, 2020
Home NATIONALEuromaster hall destroyed in fire at Porvoo
Print
Tue, 25 Oct, 2016 12:00:13 AM
FTimes- Xinhua Report, Oct 25

A fire on Monday burnt down a hall of tire business Euromaster in Porvoo, southern Finland, local media reported.

Petri Lyttinen, fire chief in duty from the local rescue department, said the fire started in the morning when the roof was being renovated.

The roughly 1000-square-meter business hall was completely destroyed. The toxic smoke caused by the fire spread to the surrounding area.

To avoid the smoke, local rescue service urged nearby residents to close windows and ventilations and avoid unnecessary movement to outside.

According to Lyttinen, the fire was extinguished and rescue workers managed to prevent the fire from spreading to the adjacent hall used to store tires.

No casualties were caused by the fire. Some construction workers were exposed to smoke on the roof, but they did not need treatment, reported a Finnish language daily Helsingin Sanomat.

 
comments powered by Disqus
More News

 
   
Copyright © 2020 All rights reserved
Developed By -